You have decided to get your body back in shape without harming your health. And if you want to do it with great pleasure, then yoga classes for weight loss will be a good option for you.
A set of exercises, as well as a special philosophy of life called yoga, will help not only to make the body leaner, more flexible and mobile, but also to change your attitude towards life, emotional and psychological state ina stressful situation.
Due to these multifaceted effects, many people prefer yoga as one of the most effective ways to lose weight.
How does yoga fight overweight?
Yoga for weight loss has distinctive features of yoga for keeping the body in physical shape or yoga for psychological relaxation and relaxation. These classes include the following main factors:
- There is a significant acceleration of metabolism in the body, which improves metabolism, and fat cells are not stored in reserves, but are burned several times faster, initiating the weight loss process. The increase in metabolism is due to a special set of exercises called shatkarma. Their main task is to purify and ensure the supply of the maximum possible amount of oxygen to the cells of the human body. Once you understand the basic principle of proper breathing during your weight loss yoga class, you can experience a sense of lightness. After that, the habit of breathing properly becomes daily.
- There is a complete overhaul of diet and eating habits: a person gains useful skills in eating exceptionally healthy products, in small fractional portions, most often at the same time, which leads to rapid weight loss.
- Yoga classes for weight loss provide the necessary physical activity for the whole body, at the same time, they do not lead to overload or exhaustion. It is important to understand that it is impossible to completely exclude physical activity, since the most effective burning of excess calories occurs precisely thanks to exercise. In addition, thanks to yoga for weight loss, some muscle groups are pumped up, the body becomes swollen and elastic. Thanks to persistent training, after a certain period of time you will notice not only a decrease in the number of extra pounds, but also the number of centimeters in the problem areas of the figure you need.
It makes sense to note that some muscle groups are very difficult to influence physical exertion, so it is sometimes difficult to achieve weight loss in problem areas. These muscles include the inner thighs or the gluteal muscles.
A set of correctly selected exercises during yoga will help to correctly distribute the load over the whole body and will focus on precisely those problem areas where weight loss is most needed.
Yoga essential for weight loss
All those who decide to lose weight during yoga classes should be prepared for the fact that the weight will not go away too quickly, but the achieved result will be maintained for a long time. The not clearly pronounced effect of exercise is the reason for the simultaneous formation of muscle mass of the body with weight loss, when toned and pumped muscles replace the fat layer. Therefore, during yoga classes for weight loss and on the way to the goal, it is better to notice changes in the figure by clothes and by centimeters, measuring the volume of the waist, hips and chest. Weight loss on a scale can be delayed.
Professional yoga specialists who can help you with the selection of an individual set of exercises for weight loss, if you wish, can replace most strength exercises with stretching, so that muscle growth can be significantly slowed down. It will be replaced by grace, flexibility, femininity, joint mobility and the general feeling of lightness that accompanies any weight loss.
If, in addition to developing flexibility and losing weight, you wish to achieve muscle definition, then you should pay more attention to strength training during training. It should not be forgotten that yoga classes are always held at a slow pace, harmoniously combining periods of rest and activity. This is the hallmark of such training: despite the general fatigue, you will feel a surge of strength and energy after the session.
When it comes to eating right, most people don't have to put in the extra effort to lose weight. It is surprising that the desire to eat junk food disappears by itself, and the awareness of the need for proper nutrition to lose weight comes by itself.
How should you do yoga? Yoga classes for weight loss
The researchers came to the conclusion that regular yoga for weight loss not only brings temporary results, but also reduces the volume of the stomach, which in turn leads to a decrease in the amount of food consumed and the consolidation of propernutritional culture for a long time. Furthermore, stress is present in every person's life, at various levels.
The vast majority of people struggle with their manifestation by constantly consuming food, even if the feeling of hunger does not manifest itself. For these people, the consumption of starchy and sweet foods is simply vital and such habits lead to weight gain. It is in this case that yoga for weight loss is the best option, since it is not only a set of physical exercises, but also a psychological relief, thanks to which the effect of stress on the human body is minimized.
Services during the lessons:
- Do not practice yoga on uneven, rough, thorny or other uncomfortable surfaces. It is best to do this on a smooth surface - the floor. In the cold season, you can use special carpets or improvised means - soft blankets, sheets and blankets.
- Weight loss lessons should be taken on an empty stomach. Overeating contributes to sleepiness, muscle relaxation and decreased concentration.
- A minor illness, as long as you feel good, is no reason to skip a workout. If there are more serious, temporary or chronic health problems, classes should be resumed only after consulting a doctor.
- Pregnancy is not a contraindication to yoga, but a special set of exercises should be used in this case, taking into account the condition of the woman and the duration of pregnancy. You can use ready-made complexes or, if you have special wishes regarding the load level, contact a professional instructor to work out a special program.
- During breastfeeding, yoga classes for weight loss are also not contraindicated. They do not affect the amount of milk, have a beneficial effect on the general condition of the body and help restore fitness after childbirth and lose weight. However, with regard to the question of when it is possible to start classes and how much time should pass after the birth of the child, it is a purely individual matter, which depends on how the birth went (by natural means or by caesarean section), whetherthere were complications and other factors. To solve this problem, you should definitely seek advice from a gynecologist or obstetrician who has given birth.
Which Yoga Exercises Are Suitable For Weight Loss Goals?
For those people for whom yoga has become a hobby and a way of life, as well as a means of combating extra pounds, it should be remembered that its main purpose is to keep the body and health ingood shape.
At the same time, the level of physical activity that accompanies each workout will help get rid of excess body fat, and regular exercise will help maintain a constant weight level and prevent sudden jumps, which in turn lead to sagging skin, an unattractive appearance and a general deterioration in human health.
In order for yoga classes to lose weight to be more effective, you should build their system as follows:
- Don't look for an excuse to skip workouts and don't skip exercises during workouts. It is through constant efforts that you can achieve your goals. At the same time, hard training will quickly lead to the desired result and weight loss. However, due to the characteristics of age, medical contraindications and other factors, it is necessary to select an individual program for weight loss, which, as practice shows, will become much more effective than universal exercise complexes.
- If after doing weight loss yoga you feel pain in any part of your body, be sure to tell the trainer about this, or even consult a doctor. The reason for this could be a latent disease, which can become a contraindication to exercises of this type or increased physical activity in general, or improper execution of any of the proposed exercises. Dyspnea is the only sensation that may be present after active weight loss training or stretching exercises. You can get rid of it by taking a hot bath. Additionally, some people find these sensations pleasant and indicate that the workout is going well and that you are on the right track to reach your goal.
The main yoga positions and their meaning in the weight loss process:
- twisting poses are not difficult to perform, but they have a very beneficial effect on the gut. Improving its permeability, in turn, has the most beneficial effect on the metabolic process and the fight against extra pounds;
- Standing pose - helps improve coordination and balance. Thanks to their use, the muscles of the back and abdomen, as well as the spine, are strengthened, which contributes to weight loss;
- inverted poses - affect the general condition of the thyroid gland, as well as the muscles of the back. However, their action must necessarily be mitigated or balanced with softer positions than the spinal muscles;
- inclinations in different variations are essential components of a good stretch;
- Relaxing postures, including meditation, help reduce tension in all muscle groups and, surprisingly, have the best effect on the weight loss process. It is recommended to use such poses not only during training several times a week, but also every day at home, which will help not only calm the emotions that have accumulated in you during the day, but also gently relax the muscles, giving them the minimum necessary tone.
What to look for when doing yoga
If you have no experience with professionals, yoga for weight loss will not be too effective for you, because studying the theory of yoga does not usually lead to an understanding of its basic principles which can be learned in individual or group sessions with atrainer.
If you have this experience, you can continue to train alone at home, taking into account all the advice previously received. It should be remembered that yoga is not just a set of physical exercises, but a special way and a set of factors that have a positive effect on the result in the form of weight loss. Therefore, while doing it yourself, you should observe some conditions:
- Comfortable temperature, well ventilated room;
- Comfortable clothing that shouldn't be too tight on your figure;
- Absence of extraneous odors, especially food, which are very often present in a domestic environment. They can make you focus on your inner world;
- Absence of extraneous noises - TV, telephone, children running and other essential attributes of the home environment will not give you a feeling of peace and the training will not be in full force, which will affect the achievement of the result and goalsprefixed;
- You must be sure that you are doing all the exercises correctly, because otherwise you will not only be able to reach your goal of losing weight, but you will also risk harming your health. It is recommended that all basic yoga asanas have been mastered and your trainer has confirmed the quality of their implementation. And do not think that if no one looks at you at home and does not force you to train, then you can work at half your strength - it depends on the efforts you put into how quickly you can lose weight and maintain the result for a long time.
Yoga is not only a temporary workout, but also a lifestyle, as well as a healthy habit that is very difficult to get rid of. So that's it! We recommend that you also read the article on how to lose weight without a diet. See you soon in new numbers.